Saturday, April 18, 2009

First Camping Trip 2009










































































































We ventured out on our first camping trip of 2009. 4 kids, 1 tent and a van FULL of stuff later and we were off. We went to Devil's Lake state park in Baraboo, WI which is one of our all time favorites places to camp. We left on Thursday and planned to return home late Saturday afternoon. The weather was absolutely perfect reaching almost 70 on Thursday but Thursday night was unbelievably cold and dropped to about 36 degrees. Friday during the day we went for a hike and then decided to pack up and head home after enjoying a second campfire so we could sleep in our own WARM beds. We will definitely take our kids and our tent camping again but I think we will wait until the nights are a little warmer :-)














3 comments:

  1. your pix make me excited to camp with our wee ones someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the cool grill thing in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our camp stove is in front of the camp box that my dad gave us for Christmas. When I was little my parents had a camp box (that I think my dad made) which carried all the kitchen wear items for camping and for Christmas he made each of us married/adult children one of our own. Such a treasured gift and SO fantastic to use.

    ReplyDelete